The Embassy can certify copies as true copies of originals/certified copies (by German authority) upon presentation of the original/certified document. A copy of a non-authenticated document cannot be certified.
An appointment is not required for the certification. For the opening hours please follow this link to the general information of the Embassy Colombo
- valid passport
- all original documents that need to be attested
- as many copies of all documents as required (front and back side, unstapled)
A minimum fee of 10 EUR (approx. 2300 LKR depending on the exchange rate) is charged per document to be attested. The exact fee depends upon the number of pages to be attested.
The above mentioned fee is charged for documents that comprise up to ten pages. Any additional page will be charged 1 EUR (approx. 200 LKR depending on the exchange rate). The fee is to be paid in cash in Sri Lankan Rupees or with credit card (MasterCard or Visa).
Attestation of documents required for studies in Germany
A student intending to study in Germany is entitled to a maximum of three sets of documents free of charge. Apart from the documents mentioned above, applicants must present the following:
- Proof of residence in the jurisdiction of the Embassy (e.g. recent enrolment letter of a school, college or university, lease agreement, passport or ID-Card)
- Copy of correspondence with the intended universities
- List of required documents given by the university
- Any person failing to present a proof of residence cannot be attended.
- In case no proof of intention of studying in Germany is being submitted, the above mentioned fees will be charged.