With the Micro Project scheme, the German Embassy supports initiatives that aim at sustainably improving the social and economic situation of disadvantaged groups. Preference is generally given to projects in the fields of vocational training, income-generation, renewable energy and women’s empowerment.
Project proposals should be submitted between 1st September and 30th November, in order to be considered for possible funding in the following year.
What are Micro Projects?
Micro Projects address the immediate needs of People.
Micro Projects are implemented through active participation of the community and/or beneficiaries as well as input by the implementing organisation.
Micro Projects need to be finalized within the calendar year (maximum duration: six months).
Micro Projects are geared towards Non-Governmental Organisations and Community Based Organisations with experience in their respective fields or within a particular community.
Micro Project grants do not exceed the equivalent of EUR 10,000.00.
Restrictions and Conditions
Please print out the application form at the bottom of this page, complete the questions and submit a hard copy with two signatures of persons representing your institution. A cost breakdown / financial plan needs to be attached.
- No funding of labour and recurrent costs (salaries etc.) unless for specialists specifically hired for the project
- No funding of non-durable goods (e. g. food items for participants of workshops etc.)
- No extension of the project duration.
- No increase of funds.
- No change of the project objectives.
- Refund of the total grant to the Embassy in the event of non-performance.
- The German Embassy has to be informed immediately in the event of a Force Majeure or of non-performance of contractual obligations. The decision of the German Embassy in these cases will be final.
- Submission of “Proof of Employment of Funds” on the forms made available by the German Embassy together with all original payment receipts.
Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany
No. 40, Alfred House Avenue, Colombo 3
TEL: (011) 258 04 31
FAX: (011) 258 04 40
E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com