Every year the Sports Faculty of the University of Leipzig organizes courses of postgraduate studies for coaches and physical education teachers coming from developing countries according to the DAC list of the OECD. Courses have a duration of 5 months and are offered in four alternating specializations for participants up to 40 years with
- completed higher education in the field of sports
- own experience as active athletes or as physical education teachers/coaches and
- good physical and psychological aptitudes
Due to an under-representation of female professional trainers at the courses in the past applications of women coaches will be given preference!
Content of the course:
- Specialization (theory and practice)
- General Science of Training
- Sports Medicine
- Sports Pedagogy
- Sports Psychology
- Sports Management
- Strenght Training
- German Language
- The postgraduate study is financed by the Foreign Office of the Federal Republic of Germany
- Each participant receives a monthly grant
- Participants have to bear all costs for traveling to Leipzig and back to their home country themselves.
All applications have to be submitted through the German Embassy in Colombo.